© Tom Butler
SurvivalismWhat is it ?
"Survivalism" is a movement of people or groups who adopt as a lifestyle active preparation for possible emergencies or disasters.
Emergencies include situations of possible disruption of social or political, either locally or internationally.
Other characteristics of these groups is that they often acquire medical training and self-defense, stockpiling food and water, preparing for a life of self-sufficiency, among others.
- Natural disasters (tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, snowstorms, solar storms,
severe storms, flooding, tsunamis).
- Disasters Chemical, Radioactive or bacteriological. Pandemic.
- General collapse of society and order caused by the shortage or
unavailability of resources such as electricity, fuel, food or water.
- Widespread chaos or some other unexplained apocalyptic event.
- Collapse of economic / financial system.